When buy air curtains system, consider not only the main variables such as door height and door width but also other factors such as the building and climatic conditions.
Other influencing factors are :
- The positions of the different doors on the floor, and if there are more than one, the positions between them: aligned, facing each other.
- The different floors are connected by stairs, escalators, or ramps.
- The pressure difference between the exterior and interior of a building.
According to climatic conditions, air curtains with a stronger, stronger jet and stronger heating capacity should be selected to prevent cold, heatstroke, and wind.
When choosing the type of heating, it is important to consider whether there is hot water or electricity available in the building. You can buy air curtains with electric heaters or heat pumps, which are more sustainable due to their energy efficiency.
There are two primary questions that need to be answered and understood:
- 1. Will Air Curtain works for me?
- 2. What are the parameters required to choose the Right Model?
Basically, there is very limited information you require to decide on the requirement of the air curtain:
The Basic information required to know, whether an air curtain will be suitable for your facility or not, is as follows:
- Width and Height of the Opening
- Negative Pressure in the facility
- Outside Wind Draft
- Purpose of Installation
- Insect Control
- Dust Control
- Save Conditioned Air
- Odour Control
With this basic information, we can judge whether the air curtains will work for us or not.
Factors affecting the selection of air curtains can be classified into 2 categories:
- Primary Parameters
- Secondary Parameters
Primary Parameters Secondary Parameters
Flow MOC Blower
Mounting MOC Chassis
The Primary Parameters include a variety of options that affect the performance of an Air curtain like
Types of Air Curtains:
- Recirculating:The recirculating air curtain collects the exhaust air and directs it back to the air curtain inlet. This process is repeated continuously with a plenum built into the door, which is reconnected to the air curtain inlet via a duct.
- Non-recirculating:Non-recirculating air curtains capture fresh air from the environment and exhaust it out of the unit. Since the same air is not recirculated, these air curtains may be referred to as non-recirculating air curtains.
Recirculating air curtains are more efficient than similar products, but non-recirculating air curtains are still more popular. Most of today’s units are non-recirculating units due to their cost-effectiveness and ease of installation.
Types of Air Flow in Air Curtains:
- Top to Bottom:Top-to-bottom installation is the most common and economical way to install air curtains. Here the air curtain is mounted horizontally above the opening and air is blown out the door from top to bottom.
- Sideways (L to R, R to L):Here the curtains are installed perpendicular to the floor and the air is blown left to right and right to left. Vertical drainage often requires curtains to be installed on both sides of the door, adding to the overall cost of installation. This type of installation is usually required where doorways are very wide or high.
- Bottom to top:This type of installation is uncommon and is dedicated to hot furnace applications. Curtain panels require a special frame and are assembled at the door level, the installation is done under expert guidance.
- Surface Mounted
There are three types of fans to choose from:
Placement Air Curtain Inside/Outside
The air curtains can be easily mounted on either side; whether inside or outside the conditioned area. Usually, it is recommended that the equipment should be installed on the warmer side for optimum results. It implies, that when installing a heated air curtain under cold conditions, it should be installed Inside. In places where the temperatures are too high and the major problem are dust, flies, and saving the cold air, it should be installed outside to get the best results.
Even secondary factors play an equally important role in the selection of an air curtain. They include:
The voltage output plays a major role in the selection of air curtains as these machines are specially designed to operate with the mentioned amount of electric outputs. For Indian markets, air curtains are designed with respect to these three outputs:
- 220V/1 phase/50Hz
- 220V/1 phase/60Hz
- 440V/3 phase/50Hz
Otherwise, for the Saudi Market, curtains that work with 220V 1P 60Hz output are demanded. Air Curtains can also be installed in buses and are specially built for 24V/DC. Thus, information on voltage is important for picking out the right buy air curtain for you.
MOC for blower
MOC or the “Material of Cover” for the blower is another specification on the basis of which air curtains are selected. The covers are made of different materials to suit different requirements, such as:
- Galvanized Iron
- Stainless Steel
MOC for Chassis
Chassis basically refers to the main mounting and the fixing plate of an air curtain. For the chassis, the customer usually has two options of either picking one of the two materials;
- Stainless Steel 304 or
- CRC Powder Coated
An air curtain consultant can help you in picking between various options.
- Switch Operated
To know more visit:- Mitzvah Shop