An air curtain, also known as an air cutter and air door, is a machine that blows a controlled airflow across an opening to the other side to create an airtight seal. This seal separates different environments while allowing for a smooth, uninterrupted flow of traffic and unobstructed views through openings. In this blog, we discuss misconceptions about air curtains price.
Consider the following factors when deciding on an air curtain:
- The height of the installation is measured from the discharge diffuser to the floor.
- The building’s location will determine the level of weather protection required.
- The pressure differential between the interior and exterior of a building.
- Electrical power supply availability and voltage level
- Business types, building styles, and interior design
The following are some common misconceptions regarding the air curtains price:
- There is no difference in cost between different sizes or lengths of air curtains.
There is a widespread misconception that all air curtains of the same size and length should have the same cost. This is not the case. On the other hand, the price is not so much determined by the external components as it is by the internal ones. In addition, there are two distinct varieties of air curtains: those that are heated electrically and those that are not. Additionally, the electrical one is the more expensive option.
- The price of the Air curtain will be significantly higher as the size is large
This is a completely false notion that has been passed down from generation to generation, as the cost of the air curtain depends entirely on its dimensions. It is not true that standard or domestic air curtains are the same sizes as commercial grade air curtains because commercial grade air curtains are larger. The construction of the self-supporting casing, which ought to be done using galvanized steel plate, is what establishes the price of the item. A filtering capability ought to be built into the inlet valve. Because of this, there is no longer a requirement for any additional maintenance or pre-filtering to be done. The use of double-inlet centrifugal fans, which are powered by an external motor and generate very little noise, drives up the cost of the product significantly. And perhaps most importantly, those air curtains with a rating of 5 stars help in reducing energy consumption, which results in them being comparably more expensive than air curtains with lower ratings.
- Even the most expensive air curtain is going to be perfect for all of your applications.
In India, there is a widespread misconception that the higher the cost of an item, the more beneficial it will be. The truth is that each curtain is made to order in accordance with the space, the customer’s requirements, and the intended purpose. In addition, the cost of installing commercial air curtains in a residential or community grocery store would be excessively excessive. Why would you spend that much money on an air curtain when you could get one that is significantly cheaper?
There are 3 Common misconceptions about Air Curtains Price
- All Air Curtain works the same.
This is the most common feature that every air curtain possesses it is a device that uses a fan to force a curtain of air downward known as an air curtain. The forced air creates an invisible barrier that prevents warm or cool air from entering a doorway or building through an opening, thereby aiding in temperature regulation. Air curtains are also used to prevent insects, dust, pollen, and other contaminants from entering an interior space.
However, the original use of the Air curtain is primarily determined by the location and function of its use. And, in terms of function, air curtains are available in a variety of styles, each with its own set of capabilities.
- Velocity is the only parameter to measure the quality of the Air Curtain
Velocity refers to the speed of the motor and then the fan, but apart from this, the main characteristic of the Air Curtain is how much nominal Airflow it produces which is in m3/h. The low-pressure air curtain produces nominal airflow ranging from 1700-3200 m3/h and the High pressure (commercial purpose) air curtain produces the nominal airflow ranging from 1800-7200 m3/h. In order to achieve such airflow the amount of energy consumption is also important. More efficiency and less consumption are the other parameters to check the quality of the air curtains. Apart from the velocity, a good quality air curtain produces minimal noise.
- The misconception is that air curtains are simple fans put on the door.
A fan is a powered machine that circulates air. A fan is a rotating arrangement of vanes or blades that act on the air and are typically made of wood, plastic, or metal. An impeller, rotor, or runner is a rotating assembly of blades and a hub.
Whereas an air curtain is a fan-powered device that creates an invisible air barrier over a doorway to effectively separate two environments while allowing people and vehicles to pass through.
Difference between a fan and an air curtain:
- A fan has less velocity than the air curtain.
- A fan consists of a less powerful motor which makes it slower than the air curtain, thus helping to create a barrier or the two environments.
- Fans won’t be able to stop pathogens from coming inside while an air curtain helps a lot.
- A fan helps to ease the heat wave whereas an air curtain works as both a normal and heated air curtain.
- The air velocity of a regular fan is between 2-3 m/s whereas the velocity of an air curtain is between 15-17 m/s.
- It is not possible to cover a large doorway used in commercial places while air curtain comes in varied sizes.