Before purchasing air curtains, we should know about air curtain in detail, what is air curtain, how does air curtain works, where it is used, and their advantages of an air curtain. In this blog we talk about air curtains and give you all detail about air curtains, that’s why you don’t have any confusion before buying air curtains.
Here it is,
What is an Air Curtain?
An air curtain also referred to as an air door is a mechanism that creates an air shield by blowing a controlled stream of air across the opening to the opposite side. This barrier separates different environments while permitting uninterrupted traffic flow and clear visibility through the opening. They help to contain heated or stimulated air in industrial or commercial configurations, resulting in significant energy savings and increased personal comfort. In addition, they prevent the infiltration of contaminants and insect pests. Mitzvah manufactures and distributes air curtain at an affordable price.
How does the Air Curtain work?
Air curtain perform their intended function because they generate sufficient air to establish a barrier that stretches the length of the entrance. Engineers designed this invisible airflow barrier to entirely surround the entrance and shield the inside from temperature-variable, pathogen-laden, and insect-carrying outside air. Even though this is not a physical barrier, it protects the doorway sufficiently.
- When the air curtain is engaged, the air is sucked into the device via its intake.
- The fan then accelerates the air as it enters the container of the fan.
- This air goes into an inlet manifold, which distributes the air evenly along the length of the discharge port.
- The propeller vanes on the nozzle make a flow of air that is mostly smooth and even.
- The air expelled by the nozzle generates a downward-falling air current. 80 percent of the air returns to the intake side of the air curtain, while 20 percent travels in the other direction.
Where Air curtains are used?
Pretty much every single business can potentially benefit from an air curtain in some way. Heat transfer, obstinate insects, dust or pollen, and windy air are not limited to a specific business. Instead, these problems may affect every business in every industry. This means that air curtains could be used almost anywhere.
Air curtains provide customers with comfort while saving energy and keeping critters outside. Air curtain installation in commercial and industrial settings, including
- Food Service (Quick Serve, Restaurants, Schools, and Cafeterias)
- Healthcare facilities
- Warehouse and distribution
- Office and retail
- Convenience and groceries
- Manufacturing, transportation, and terminals
- Indoor Grow Facilities and Processing Plants, and Food Processing Plants.
Advantages of Using an Air Curtain:
- Huge energy savings: Air curtain systems minimise energy usage, operational costs, carbon footprint, and environmental impact. It uses the least amount of energy to keep a temperature difference inside or outside the building.
- Climate Control: Air Curtain contribute to the creation of air temperature barriers between two locations. This section keeps the temperature inside more stable, which makes customers, visitors, and employees feel more at ease.
- Pest Control: Flying insects such as bees and fruit flies may be a nuisance. They may contaminate food, ruin the wine, transfer disease, or provoke allergic reactions. Flying bugs hate air curtain and can’t get through them without getting confused and losing their balance.
- Environmentally Safe: Air curtains provide the aforementioned benefits without harming the environment. To have an effect, the devices use just air, not chemicals or anything else that is hazardous to the environment.
- Improve indoor air quality: An air curtain’s capacity to generate a non-obstructive air stream that keeps particles, dirt, and dust out enhances indoor air quality. It functions by recirculating indoor air over an open doorway, preventing the entry of outside air.
- Stress-free system: Air curtain minimizes heat loss via workplace doorways. Less heat loss conserves energy. This might reduce the heating system’s demand and lengthen its lifespan.
- Stop the foul odour: There are several unpredictable odours in the outdoor world. Your structure could be located near an industrial or urban area. By keeping out the outside air, an air curtain can stop bad smells from coming into a building.
Types of Air Curtain available:
There are several varieties of air curtains on the market presently. Some kinds of air curtains are those that are heated by electricity, those that use steam coils, and those that use gas.
- Ambient (Unheated) Air Curtains: Ambient air curtains are often used for pest and pollution monitoring, and they may be installed at any entrance. This kind of air curtain is often installed inside the door opening. Although indoor installations may aid with environmental management (by filtering out toxins, dirt, and allergens), ambient air curtains installed outside the door can help with pest extermination as well. These curtains are especially good for the environment because they use less energy to separate the air inside and outside.
- Electrically Heated Air Curtains: Electrically heated air curtains are used to keep chilly gusts at bay in locations that need extra warmth, such as open entrances. Heated air curtains are utilised in restaurants, hospitals, and retail businesses to optimise interior ambiance. When customers enter a facility from the chilly or windy outdoors, these curtains keep the frigid air outside and the warm, welcoming air inside. Because the heating feature may be switched off in the summer, this air curtain could be used all year.
- Steam/Hot Water Coil Air Curtains: These air curtains integrate into a building’s preexisting heating system. Almost all the commercial T buildings are heated with steam and hot water throughout the winter. Heat loss via open doors is a big issue in these places, so installing hot water or steam-based air curtain is an effective strategy to heat the threshold while keeping cold air out. In the summer, just switch off the heating component to utilise these air curtains.
- Indirect Gas-Fired Air Curtain: Indirect gas-powered air curtains are most often seen in warehouses, industrial complexes, distribution centers, and other big structures. Propane or gas is used to heat these structures. They lose heat attributed to frequent indoor and outdoor traffic. Keeping employees comfortable in these environments is critical for engagement and productivity. Indirect gas-powered air curtains contribute to this goal by providing a soothing atmosphere. Furthermore, many businesses and warehouses need consistent temperatures for sensitive items. Even when doors are opened and closed, air curtains may help to keep temperature variations to a minimum. In this scenario, indirect gas-fired units are especially beneficial since they provide protection from freezing temperatures and gusts of up to 30 miles per hour.
Leading Manufacturer and distributor of Air Curtain: Mitzvah
Mitzvah is the leading local manufacturer and supplier of Air Curtains, with a vast array of product applications in a number of industry segments. With the presence of PAN India, our support personnel is only a phone call away. We are the industry leader in offering air curtains, with over one hundred thousand satisfied customers. Our product is advantageous in several ways. Our Air curtain has been shown to be superior at a variety of duties, including preventing insects from entering a room and maintaining a constant temperature. They are easy to install and affordable. Additionally, they enhance workplace productivity and comfort.